For someone who finds it hard to get into comedies, I am really enjoying this show and this episode was definitely my favourite so far.
Chidi’s reaction at having three women tell him that they are in love with him! <3 <3 <3 And watching him freak out at having to make a decision about anything! Man I thought I was indecisive.
And Jianyu/Janet …… Perfect episode!
So a show which is like a combination of Flashpoint and Standoff? Of course I was going to give it a try, especially since it has Nazneen Contractor in it who I loved in the much under-appreciated show The Border (and was sad that she pulled out of Chicago Justice but I guess it gave me an extra reason to try this show out) .
So far so good. It plays out exactly the way you think it’ll play out. Don’t know WTF that digital hologram computer screen is all about though – way OTT ….
This show confuses me so much.
First, they get rid of two likeable series regulars from Season One and bring in some newbies and then they kill one of said newbies off after a few episodes , Malaya goes AWOL for half the episodes and somehow, somehow I think I am actually liking this season more than the first one. Possibly.
Either way there have been some good episodes and 2×13 is definitely one of them.
It started off quite slowly and I didn’t warm to any of the characters or their storylines but then Guthrie’s surgery happened and all was revealed and it just all came together and I realised just how clever this episode had been and how for the first time I was actually interested in a Guthrie storyline.
I must stop underestimating this show …
imdb stats for films I’ve watched and some episodes of television
Things I really didn’t like about the season première:
- The ending with Grant – OTT
- The way they butchered Jimmy’s character and made him into an unlikeable person
- The Antonio/Brett – when I read about it I was like “WTF where does that come from?!” but actually seeing it made me squirm.
Things I liked about the première:
- Dawson’s transfer back to ambulance – it just makes sense she would give up her firefighting for Louis
- The mention of Shay and seeing her name on the ambulance
- The sweet Herrmann/Dawson moments
- THE FIREFIGHTER FANFICTION! Hilarious!
I know it might be a bit early to make such a bold statement but this may turn out to be my favourite Criminal Minds team line-up ever. And here’s three reasons why:
- I’d already decided that I like Luke Alvez but now I really like Luke Alvez.
2. PRENTISS IS BACK TO STAY and her entrance was complete with a dorky awkward moment with the new guy. Could this be a whole new Morgan/Prentiss-esque dynamic (which would be the one major thing I miss from this cast line-up)? I mean he did profile her and trust her with a secret.
3. As a fellow cat person and someone who has the whole Cat/Dog conversation with nearly everyone I meet in RL, this moment rocked.
Let’s not waste time talking about the procedural side of things because let’s face it, it wasn’t the most gripping case ever and when a helicopter gets shot down out of the sky and your whole team survives, you tend to have to leave the realms of reality.
However, it did make for some awesome Deeks/Kensi scenes. How far they have come! Instead of Kensi trying to skirt round the issuesthat Deeks kind of proposed to her, she embraces it fully and uses it as part of their banter. Not so keen about what happened to the ring (seriously that’s got to hurt ….) but loved Deeks constantly referring her to as his fiancée.
I feel some angst is in store for these two but I’m glad it’s going to be more centering around her being in a coma and no doubt coming to grips with her injuries when she wakes up, rather than them breaking up for some ridiculously contrived reason.
It wasn’t that long ago (Edit: OMG it’s actually been TEN years!!!) that there was a short-lived legal drama created as an offshoot of Law & Order that I completely loved also called Conviction.
How does this one compare? Well it has Eddie Cahill which is how I knew I would be watching this show even before I saw the trailer.
And the chemistry between Wallace and Hayes was red-hot which certainly makes me interested in what the writers are going to do with that, given their other issues.
The Pilot lived up to expectations with great cast, great set-up, great UST. Give me more.
I’m not a big fan of comedy but I couldn’t resist checking this out because of Kristen Bell.
The pilot was mildly funny but I prefer episodes 1×03-1×04 with the whole Jianyu backstory which made me laugh!