I found the scene between Mac and Claire in the empty lab corridor really really melodramatic. Melodrama has its place – in Grey’s Anatomy, not in a procedural crime drama. In fact the whole episode was just …. I don’t know, trying too hard?
I mean I liked the structure with the flashforwards and backwards in time and Mac having a “ghost” scene with each character but overall it was just too cheesy for this sort of show to work. But once I got over that then ….
– Flack mentioning Mac saving his life! ‘Charge Of This Post’ – Still one of my favourite episodes of the show.
– Flack mentioning the fact that he didn’t get to tell Jess that she loved her before she died and his conversation with Mac about this – HUGE CHEERS FOR THIS! Flack still misses her! Bless, I actually would have thought he would have moved on by now. Favourite moment of the season right here.
– Everything that came out of Flack’s mouth during this episode.
– Christine/Jo banter about Mac’s middle name.
– Mac and Hawkes mentioning Camille.
– Lindsay/ginger cat.
– The school bus yard. Lindsay firing her gun!
– Mac/Lucy/Lindsay/Danny <3 <3 <3 <3.
– The final scene with Claire. Yes, I was finally moved.
– The final group scene with Mac’s return.
Next season I do not want Adam out of the lab full time. No, no, no, don’t make him a CSI. I will cry. He is the only character in this show that I’ve never been able to think about growing to like. Don’t give him more screentime.
Anyway, this would have been the perfect series finale. In fact I’m sad that it’s not going to be because they can’t top this creatively and logic dictates that if they know that next season’s finale is going to be the series finale, they’re going to lay on more melodrama ….. Hee, I just read what I wrote about last season’s finale: I actually, honestly, believe that this works perfectly as a series finale. I mean it was sort of understated rather than an all-out guns blazing like the previous episode but it was nice. Like with the Brothers & Sisters finale (and I can’t believe I’m comparing these shows), everything is tied up but gives you the idea of what will happen in the future – Mac possibly leaving, changes for the Messer family etc.
CSI:NY may well win the prize for the most false-series finales before the end.